23 January 2011

some humor for the road.

Today, in light of the fact that my sweet sis is soon to be married, she and I and one of her other bridesmaids are heading out on a small road trip to the big Valley.

There are too many freeways in Los Angeles. And they all start with "THE ___."

Examples:
The "Five" -- translation: Interstate 5.
The "Four-oh-Five" -- translation: Interstate 405.
The "Two-Ten" -- translation: Interstate or State Route 210.
The "One-Eighteen" -- translation: State Route 118.
The "One-Seventy" -- translation: State Route 170.
The "One-oh-One" -- translation: U.S. Route 101.

Need I say more?

What I read on the overhead boards while driving:

"Take _____ to _____ in _____ miles."

The part where you fill in the location could be summed up as follows:

"San Los Fersiscomentatura."

You fill in the blanks. It's all Spanish to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment