11 January 2011

hope.

What indeed is too great, that the Lord who made heaven and earth cannot handle? More verses to come...

PSALMS

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed. A refuge in times of trouble (9:9).

The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold (18:2).

For He has not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; nor has He hidden His face from him; but when he cried to Him, He heard (22:24).

Wait on the Lord; be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart. Wait, I say, on the Lord! (27:14)

Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the Lord upholds him with His hand (37:24).

God is our refuge and strength. A very present help in trouble. Therefore, we will not fear, even though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though its waters roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with its swelling (46:1-3).

Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you; He shall never permit the righteous to be moved (55:22).

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will revive me; You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and Your right hand will save me (138:7).

LAMENTATIONS

For the Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He does not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men (3:31-33).

MATTHEW

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest (11:28).

JOHN

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer. I have overcome the world (16:33).

2 CORINTHIANS

For as the sufferings of Christ about in us, so our consolation also abounds through Christ (1:5).

No comments:

Post a Comment