27 January 2011

some humor for the academic.

Was snooping through Facebook yesterday, which has sadly become a daily routine, and stumbled upon a friend's status update that made me chuckle greatly:

"This semester? Is officially going to end all semblance of a normal social life. Welcome back to college."

If only there was such a thing.

Through college this one constant remains true -- there is nothing "normal" about it. A person must pick between the social scene and homework, because the two do not mix. Life begins AFTER grades are posted. And no sooner!

For all who struggle out there, if it's any consolation, I am still burning the candle at both ends. Because I must. Thanks to limited finances, I must maintain a job... Even after college, this is what happens. If you want to get anywhere in life, I mean :)

Anyhow. That being said, welcome back to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment