27 March 2011

ten and three.

More barista humor from the evening before ...

"Hello, sir. Welcome to Starbucks. How is your afternoon going?"

"Hi. Fine."

(Insert chirping crickets in background here.)

"Can we get a drink started or grab a pastry off the shelf for you?"

"Yes."

"Great! What would you like?"

"I want a ten and a three."

"Sure -- which drinks were those?"

"They're not."

"Okay. I can give you a few minutes to decide?"

"No; why would I need a few minutes? I know what I want."

"I'm sorry sir. I just wasn't sure what you wanted, specifically."

"I thought I told you what I wanted. Does no one listen?"

"My apologies. Could you please tell me again; I promise I am listening."

"Gift cards. Ten and three."

"Three cards with ten dollars each ...? Ten with three dollars ...? Just so you know, sir, we can only load by increments of five."

" 'In credence'? Five? No. I said I wanted a ten-dollar card and a three-dollar card."

Oh dear ...

"Okay, I understand. I can load one of the cards for ten dollars. Unfortunately, our store policy only allows us to start loading at five dollars."

"Well whatever. I just want ten and three."

There are times when my job is trying.

Praising God for His grace and mercy.
I would never have either on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment