08 March 2011

now that it is...

February is gone.

March is now in its second week.

What happened to me?

Answer: I have been living under the rock of eternal grading. Thank you, blossoming teaching career.

I will attempt to show my life in the last couple of weeks through picture format, as follows...

When at work, my exhaustion-induced delirium
causes me to write messages in chocolate sauce:


My job is not hard; it just requires my dedication
to turning this ugly monstrosity of an oven ... :


...into this beautiful, sparkling, shiny thing.
No biggie. It just takes forever, because there
are few who make sure they use waxed paper:
(Okay, I promise! I won't complain.)


I also spend a good amount of time clearing
Bryan out of behind the counter at night.
(This has a funny story attached. Long
and short of it: He stayed there until
a line of customers finally left. Leg cramps
suck.)


Miss this guy a TON:


And I miss creating drawings like this:
(My kids miss me too, so says my first
assignment master teacher. I believe
her... They were great kids, with few
exceptions. They knew how to make
classes interesting; I learned a lot from just
listening to them.)


I still do a bunch of this... Man, I am NOT
going to miss the hat. Thankful for WA State.
California State's ideas about what a health
code entails leaves much to be desired, let
me tell ya. It's rather gross ... :


I don't miss doing this too much:
(I learned a bit about grading with the
first round -- stuff I won't repeat!)


In the meanwhile... Skype is a good friend.
There has been much laughter and good,
fun conversation over the internet... Looking
forward to more in the future, but I'm ready
to be home too. That is, after all,
the end result of this adventure!



(He couldn't keep a straight face if his
life depended on it -- this was hilarious!!!)

I miss these guys a LOT. It's not quite as fun
doing homework without them... In fact, I am
more distracted just thinking about home...

So with that, I bid you adieu!

No comments:

Post a Comment