09 March 2011

the hardest thing.

Rubbed the wrong way.

I do not understand why you always have to be right. What does it matter to me if you know everything? Should it matter? No; then, why does it rub me this way?

If I am honest I would say, "I cannot even stand being in your company, much less talk to you."

That is because it's not talking when I am forced to listen. Listen, to tall tales. Listen, to things that do not matter. Listen, to someone trying very hard to tell me how much more amazing they are than me. Listen, to someone belittle my accomplishments and dreams.

Grow up.

Not you -- ME.

It should not matter what I think. What you do to me or "make me feel" is not what I need to be worried about. Feelings are fleeting. Let it slide off my back. Words are words alone when they have no backing. Purge. Release.



Beyond that, when impatient and frustrated beyond my means as is the case today, I must slam on the breaks of my discomfiture ... slam on the breaks of my annoyance ... and love you. Not because I must -- but because I want to. We always have choices.

I pray the Lord will teach me to love as he loves me. I am nothing to him; and yet he sacrificed his Son for me. Shouldn't that be enough for me to love someone else fully and unconditionally?

Yes.

And it's the hardest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment