30 April 2011

quote to process.

Upon turning 30 years old, a man took up his camera and began snapping pictures -- one for each day of his life.

Watch his short film and browse through pictures at this site: http://number27.org/today.php

What resonated with me:

"In order to make sense of your experience
... you really need privacy. You need space,
in order to contemplate and grow."

When I really have a moment to pause and reflect, that is when I have my most groundbreaking moments.

In the next two weeks, I am hoping that I will be able to enjoy those moments I have that enable me to truly reflect on my experiences here and how they will impact my future.

This is a hectic, stressful time for students ...

I need to remember this for myself, too, and set aside time to critically evaluate my movements during the week in order to correct them for better use in teaching and life, in general. I will use the mistakes I made to inform future endeavors.

Although it might appear a "duh" statement at best, I enjoyed this quote as a piece of advice.

Taking time away from the haphazard quality of life and stress that is attached is beneficial not only for me but also for those I interact with on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment