16 November 2010

a slight deviation from "normal" posts ...

But then, who's to say what's normal, right?

Usually I would refrain from such a post, but I really cannot help myself. It's all YouTube's fault. If YouTube suggests something with five starts and over 9 thousand views, chances are I'll check it out. If the title is in reason.

The point of this post is the song's lyrics -- if songs and rap are synonymous. *(They aren't! In case you were wondering). If you don't want to watch the video, then don't. It's merely here for a taste of what the lyrics sound like.

"Go Hard or Go Home" Lecrae (feat. Tedashii)

Lyrics:

Go Hard or Go Home

Lord Use Me Up


Lord, kill me if I don’t preach the Gospel.

I’m still in my twenties – but I’ll die if I got to

Already dead – so forget my flesh –

I done been crossed over see the full court press


I’m a full court mess if the Lord don’t use me

Running from my trials thinking everything’s groovy

If the Cross don’t move me, then I don’t wanna breathe no more –

If I ain’t seeing Christ, partner, I don’t wanna see no more –


Rep every day without worrying about bruising

I been to China man, I seen some real persecution

If you didn’t know Him would your life look the same,

Can they tell you value Jesus by the way you rep His name?


Man, what’s the point of living – if I’m living for myself?

Lord empty out my life before I put you on the shelf

So for God – I go hard – I don’t wanna die tonight

It’s too many people living who ain’t heard about my Christ


Go Hard or Go Home


Went to Asia – had to duck and hide for sharing my faith;

They tell me, “water it down” when I get back to the States

They say, “tone the music down; you might sell a lot a records”

But it’s people out here dying and none of them heard the message


Took my wifey on a mission trip (to) Central America;

Shared her testimony – forty people stood and stared at her –

When she said Jesus, (you) should’ve seen – it was insane!

Cause forty out of forty never heard of Jesus’s name


Ah man, we ain’t focused on the war, we just kicking it –

Worried about our image and our space up on the Internet

Take me out the game, Coach, I don’t wanna play no more –

If I can’t give it all I got and leave it out there on the court


Thank you for the grace, for the will and the desire

Got me living for your glory instead of living to retire

But I pray I’ll never tire of going hard for Messiah

I don’t need no motivation – you’re the reason I’m inspired.


Go Hard or Go Home


That’s what it is, that what it mean

That mean that we should be out up in ok streets

Not just in houses with our Bibles, summarizing what we read –

Man this ain’t deep, why we ain’t doing what we read?

It’s like we sleep – but sinners sleepwalk when they sleep!


So why can’t we, the redeemed of the Lord,

Act out what He said, and make a scene for the Lord?

Action-cut, say what, like we was the director?

But you better get a grip like movie sets and get to stepping


I know you done it – and heard it all

You was going hard for the Lord before you heard this song

But don’t play yourself to save yourself – and walk in fear

Scripture’s like a mirror – the Truth is closer than it appears.






I'll let this speak for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment