02 November 2010

breathe.

Welcome, fleeting August --
You are not my favorite. True, we have had our times ... but they are not in California.

Welcome, hot September,
With your clear blue skies and drenched-in-sweat nights. I cannot say I've missed you.

Welcome, dear October,
If we never meet again, I can guarantee my smile would never end. Let's not be friends.

Welcome, cool November!
You are the crisp nights and starry skies I've been dreaming of. But you're just not right.

Welcome, lovely December --
You are sweet cold wet rain on my window pane. Cozy and happy to be home in Seattle.

Welcome, early January,
And welcome new year. Another plane ride brings me back, 1000 miles from my love.

Welcome, cold February,
With your uncanny fingers of spring and shadow. May the sun shine to drown loneliness.

Welcome, sweet March --
You are welcome indeed, even through the harried business that will ensue. Home calls.

Welcome, lively April ...
Another assignment in a land far away. The light at the end of the tunnel beckons me.

Welcome, darling May!
You are the hopeful light. Summer is but a breath away, and until then will I breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment