11 December 2010

Psalms 145:18-19

“The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he also will hear their cry, and will save them."

This is what I long for; but I think, if I'm honest with myself, this is what I miss most of the time. The verse as a whole is excellent, but there is a dept to this verse -- an idea that builds upon itself.

Calling upon Him in truth is synonymous with fearing Him. If you do not approach His throne of grace with this attitude, you will not be saved and He will not hear your cry for help, no matter the urgency of your plight.

I think I could over simplify or over analyze this verse ... but basically, what strikes me most, is how quickly God will come to our aid if only we humble ourselves, humble ourselves before Him and render to him fear and obedience.

The desire of my heart is to follow Him all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment