29 May 2009

preview.

What does the name of Jesus bring to your mind?

For most, it rips open the covers of our eyes and exposes us for who we truly are. Sinners. Destined to Hell, eternal separation from Love Himself. For others, it means nothing. Simply a word they have never heard. (Practically impossible if you are online right now.)

No, the 'nothing' comes from something. Either, they have heard His name, as a curse. Or they have heard, they know about Him, but are too callous to care. Why should they?

Perhaps, then, this name is something to wage war against. You are so against it, in fact, that you actually miss the point.

Is the name threatening? From the looks I get when I speak of my God, my faith, my joy and passion in front of others, you'd think so ... But the bottom line is, His name is powerful. It is wonderful, awe-inspiring, great, terrible; it evokes a reaction.

A serious reaction. With serious ramifications.

I will share with you next week about the stall ink. About a lost girl. About true Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment