14 February 2011

a candid thank you.

True love.
I have it.

"Can she really say that?"

Oh yes. And I do.
I have it.

But it's not what you think -- I mean, it is but it's not at the same time.

Love is a being, a voice who calls my name and holds my heart in His hands. Love is forever. Love never changes. He is the same today, tomorrow, and into eternity. He was before all time. He called me His own before I ever had a chance to know Him. How great is this love?

He died for me. I can never repay this kind of love.

He accepts me as his own, despite my various and varied flaws. I have too many to list. I still don't understand how He could love me this much.

He expects much from me. What is love without devotion? What is love without service? Because of His love, I have given my life to His plan.

He gives me what I need -- not what I deserve. This is the best part of all!

Yes, I have found love. He knocked down my heart's door. And now love lives in me. Love has given me all good things. Love has given me new life .... not the type that fades slowly as the light of the setting sun, but a true and everlasting life. A life that has no beginning nor end. A life born from Love Himself.

He has given me a close-knit, loving family, without whom I would never have learned about this great love.

He has given me faithful friends, who urge me forward in my pursuit of this love.

He has given me the God-fearing man I thought I would never find in this lifetime.

That is the love I serve.

Love has a name.

Love.

Is.

JESUS.

No comments:

Post a Comment