17 August 2010

the curse of the youth.

Immaturity reigns.

Why don't young adults vote? Why do they instead value playing video games until their eye sockets cry out for lack of sleep? Why do they insist on behaving as typical junior high students do? Why do they consistently reach for what is easiest to attain? Why do they skip morning church to sleep in, or attend evening church for free coffee? Why don't they listen to instruction or participate in meaningful debate? Why do they discuss what is inappropriate and cling to the controversial? Why is it okay to be stupid and silly, but not respectful and polite? Why do I always feel uncomfortable around young adults who behave rudely? Why travel in large groups unless you realize your insignificance can only be surmounted by a gathering of other insignificant people? Why measure yourself with others and act like fools? Why do adults cheer these actions on, as if they are endearing and cute?

Is it possible that the youth are being inundated with inanity? I would answer in the affirmative.

Screaming is for junior high kids, not for graduates of high school.

It truly is embarrassing to watch.

If you ever wonder why I am a proponent for homeschooling, look at this list. I cannot think of one instance, after junior high, when I acted like this in public. Sure, I had my moments in the privacy of my parents' home ... but they were not condoned.

When I was young, I acted like a child (I Corinthians 13:11).

I am no longer a child. I have left childish things behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment