22 February 2010

my testimony, His grace

In the Old Testament, Creator God spoke to His chosen people through the prophet Jeremiah, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness." My God has redeemed me, he has summoned me by name; I am His. Nothing can tear me from His hand nor separate me from His unconditional agape love. The Lord who made heaven and earth knows me as His own, and through His merciful goodness, I have eternal life. He sent His only Son to earth as a living sacrifice to mend the eternal wound and bring me to glory through the cleansing power of the Lamb. Redeemed, I am set free from the bonds of sin through the death and bodily resurrection of His Son and my Savior, Jesus Christ. "In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of His grace which He lavished on us" (Ephesians 1:7). Through His Son, I have the promise of eternal life. My Lord is faithful and true. When my mother was widowed, he became my Daddy and the Provider of all our needs. Who can measure the love of the Lord? I am convinced His grace is sufficient, His burden is light, and His promises are everlasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment