16 January 2006

a ponder.

Ok, here's what I feel like writing about today. It's simple but can turn very complex.

Predestination.

God is not constrained/restrained by human logic - he supercedes it, because he is above it. Time cannot hold God, for he created it. In the same way, death cannot hold him, for he was not created by it.

God can be in more than one time period and place at once. My spin on this is that he's in the "past," and in the "present," and in the "future." He's so unfathomable, this God of mine.

Then he created us. He gave us a will. But since he is above time, he was able to see in the future who we were and if we would choose him; since we chose him, he likewise chose us. Whoever believes already has their name in the Book of Life, for he knew us before time began. Do you believe that? He made no mistakes - for to make a mistake is also human.

Want to challenge my thoughts? Please tell me what's wrong/right with my argument...

No comments:

Post a Comment