14 March 2010

can i just say this ...

Being as I am now, in the midst of figuring out my future, how can I depart to think on another chapter of my life? Will I ever necessarily be fully satisfied with what life brings my way, with its powers to bend and shape, or will I eventually become the bitterness I was once afraid harbored itself in my soul? Or can I -- resolved at the last -- rise above my inconsistencies, chance on a moment, and soar?

Time will tell.

I know I'm in a different place than where I wish I was. Could I have been better off if I knew myself from myself at the beginning? Perhaps. But is that not the reason we attempt to fly in the first place? Attempts and victories are two vastly different things.

No, I am happy to be where I am. I am honored to do what I do. I am excited for a new chapter in my life, one to expand upon and enjoy. I am joyful and content to serve where I am able. Glad I am me; that's what I should have been all along. How many struggle to that end? What can I say? I will only say this:

It is only in failing we succeed to discover ourselves.

It is only in Christ we find true joy and contentment.

No comments:

Post a Comment