09 October 2009

facebook : arguing with idiots

It is interesting to me just what people say when agitated. Shows their true character and level of intellect.

Facebook is a breeding place of opportunity if you wish to spot agitated phrases. Consider the following ...

9 October 2009:

Status -- "O F F S.....PLLEEEASSSE FOR THE LOVE OF GODDD...GIVE THE FRIGGEN POLITIC DEBATE A BREAK!!! I AM SO SICK TO DEATH OF HEARING PEOPLE BITCH EVERY SINGLE DAY ABOUT OUR GOVERNMENT ... YOU DON'T LIKE IT? MOVE!!! YOU WANT TO LIVE HERE??? THEN SUPPORT THE LEADER OF THIS COUNTRY; REGARDLESS OF DISLIKES/HATES, ETC..FACT REMAINS HE'S YOUR LEADER!!!! SHOW RESPECT ..SIMPLE RESPECT ...JUST s t f u about it!"

I don't have to remind those of you who know me, but I am a 'grammar nazi' and this is not a pretty paragraph. I am neither the least bit impressed with this show of affection toward our less-than-apathetic government/leader.

In response to your status, I wish there was a dislike button. Your status represents the status quo. Respect must be earned. It is not freely granted, especially to those in authority positions. Understand the levity... You have just implied that if I must respect Obama, then must I also respect the ridiculousness of his new Nobel Peace Prize? Of course. Even though you and I both know it eradicates the original intent and honor due recipients of the past.
Oh. By the way, 'shut the fuck up' is exactly what I WILL NOT DO. Especially when people need to know the TRUTH.
Practice what you preach. Be respectful of MY opinion, as I have the right to voice it.

Just doing my job: keeping liberalism in a tight corner. But some people just don't know when to call it quits.

Comment -- "Well I will voice an opinion, Ms...whoever you are...please, watch the language..."

To which I must set the record straight:

Honey, I'm not the one who wrote that. Read her status. S T F U means 'shut the fuck up.'

MORAL OF THE STORY:

Don't argue with idiots.
It's like wrestling with pigs in the mud
-- the pigs love it and you get dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment